Thursday, October 4, 2007

Memory vs Memoir

What is memory vs memoir? Memory is a mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, and impressions. Memory is a recalling or recognizing of previous experiences that you have described in your head. For example I have many memories that flash back in my head about my high school experiences and many memories about playing soocer. Every time I think of my high school experiences I think of all the good memories I have shared with my freinds.

Memoir, memoir is a record of events that is written by a person having intimate knowledge based on personal observation or imagination. It is a creative nonfiction writing. Usually memoirs is an account of one's personal life and experiences; their autobiography. It is also a biography or a sketch of a biography.Memoir is a work of literature. It can be based on personal experiences and memories. It can also sometimes be falsified. Not everything the author writes about is always true. By writing a memoir you can get lost in a journey from the past about yourself.

No comments: