Thursday, October 4, 2007

Best 4 Years of My Life <3

The last four years of my life, during high school i have played soccer. Playing soccer in high school meant everything to me. I started off freshman year playing soccer and met so many new friends. Playing soccer at Moore was only for the fall season which was a dissapointment, because when it ended we had to wait a whole year to be with our team and play again. Even though it was a short season, we enjoyed every moment of it as a team.

Durning freshman year, a great experience happened to me while I was practicing. A coach from another team came to watch my team practice. It happened to be that he was the coach of a travel team. He pulled me and two other girls to the side and said to us that he had liked the way the we played and wanted us to join his travel team. I was so excited and could not wait to start, the other two girls did not join, which made me a little nervous starting a new team not knowing anyone.

I wanted to join but i thought twice about it since I was joining alone. I finally made up my mind and I wasn't going to let this great experience pass me by. The next week I started to practice with my new travel team and loved it. From there until the senior year I played both soccer for my high shool and for a travel team. I learned so many things, meet so many new people, and realized there is nothing I love to do more but play soccer and be with my teammates.

After all those good times it had to come to an end. Leaving my teammates was the hardest thing I had to do. I remember for high school, our last game was the biggest game ever, we played a team who was really good but as a team we knew we could win it all. It ended up the we lost the game by and false call that the referee had made. It was the hardest game we played. As a team we played amazing but it all came to an end when the whistle blew and time was up. Knowing it was the final game was hard, and knowing we were seniors and we would never play again was the saddest thing. Leaving my travel team and saying our goodbyes wasn't as easy, we played a very good final game and won. Even though we all knew we would never be able to play agin, we all knew we would all meet up along the roads and play soccer for fun. Those four years of playing soccer, were the best years of my life.

High SchoolSoccer !

2 comments:

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

I love this blog entry because I can relate. I played soccer for about 12 or 13 years now and I had the best experience playing in high school. It made the whole high school experience worth it. I made captain my senior year and I couldn't ask for anything better.